Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sharing The Love

Everytime I scrap, Lachlan and Michala keep tabs on who I am doing the layout about. It's like they have a little competition between them to see who I scrap the most - perhaps they're trying to establish who is 'the favourite'! LOL Yesterday I had some ladies around for a scrappy day - including Donna who travelled all the way from Dalby (that's 2 hours each way!). I managed 3 layouts (including a double!) and they were of each of my kiddies - no arguments necessary!


My first layout is for the current sketch challenge at Get Picky. Here is the sketch:

and here is my layout:
Those of you who read my blog would know that I don't enjoy doing double layouts - but 8.5 x 11 doubles I seem to be able to handle.


I have used October Afternoon 'Schoolhouse' on this one and once again flicked a bit of paint around. :)

I don't think there is a layout of mine lately that doesn't have the title outlined! LOL And I've even added a banner:

This next layout is for the March 15th sketch at Stuck?! Sketches. I have changed it around a little:

I love the bright colours in this range from Bella Blvd. I've misted the background and also sprayed the Pink Paislee Artisan shape. And oh the troubles I had with this flower (hey Donna! PMSL). (On a side note: is anyone else as dissapointed as i am in the 'new and improved' Pritt gel? It's too runny and takes forever to dry.)

And finally a 'just because' layout about my baby:

I've used Echo Park 'Springtime' - I love the pastel colours. I've used a Chip Chop shop fabric flower and popped a brad I made using my new I-Top in the middle:

And a bit of doodling, as usual!
Congrats if you have made it to the end of this mammoth post! I just wanted to say a big thank you also to all the lovely ladies who left comments as part of the Chat With Charm blog hop. Such a lovely surprise! Thanks so much for stopping by...

14 comments:

  1. Hey Lauren! So jealous that you got to spend the day with 'my Donna' yesterday! ;) Hope I'll get to see you when I'm up at Donna's??

    LOVE all of your layouts (as per usual).

    Yep the Pritt is not as good, I will vouch for that...the bottle is better but the solution is different (hence its no longer called gel), still sticks as good but not as quick. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren
    had to laugh about your kids keeping tabs, mine are the same! always want to know if there's a LO of them when i come home from a crop!
    I agree about the Pritt much slower drying, why mess with a good thing hey?!
    Fantastic LO's, love the outlined titles so effective:)
    cheers, Leonie

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the great day yesterday Lauren! we both ready to throw the bloody pritt and our flowers yesterday bahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Gorgeous layouts lauren! Amazing double {i tend to avoid them too i must admit}... but you've done a fabulous job. your Stuck?! layout is just superb too ... :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all amazing layouts Lauren. I love those OA papers in your Get Picky one, and the beutiful rolled flowers :) What a fanatastic effort to get all 3 done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lauren, these are all SO beautiful. My fave is the My Girl one for the Stuck sketch. LOVE those Bella Blvd papers. I haven't tried the new Pritt yet, maybe I won't bother!!
    LOL at you doing a double again....I know you hate them!! Good girl!!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are just awesome Lauren, I love how you manage to make them look all so different, I am lovin your outlined titles BTW

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fabulous Lauren!! Lovin' that double!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome work!!! Loving it ALL!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Lauren, these are all gorgeous, I love your outlined titles, they look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic take on the GP Challenge!! Looks so good!! Also love your other LO's... beautiful!
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Lauren.. all such awesome work.. I'm not much of a double LO person either.. your's looks fantastic!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are all so awesome! Loving the 8.5x11 double page format too. In fact my Get Picky layout was the first time I'd done a double pager in this size and it's really not that much bigger than a traditional 12x12 that I'm so used to doing. You rocked it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lauren its "Sarah" from CWC.
    Loving all your layouts.
    I love your creative style.
    Following your blog now x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love reading them. :)