Friday, August 10, 2012

Kraft It Up

We're back from a few days away at the Sunshine Coast. The weather was perfect for us - clear sunny days and warm temps. When I arrived home the mailman had delivered me some yummy new scrappy goodies to play with. I jumped straight in! lol This is my layout for this months challenge at Kraft It Up. It seems like forever since I played along there.

The criteria was to use this sketch and create lots of layers.


I have used some of the gorgeous new Paper Cottage range from Basic Grey. I think it would have to be my favourite from them. ;) Here's a close up of some flowers (available at D-lish Scraps) and the cute little wooden girl is by Studio Calico.


These Thickers were a perfect colour match. I've layered some washi tape, paper, stickers, chipboard and an accordian flower here.


I have used a Crafters Workshop template and some gesso for the background.


and tucked some of the hand dyed muslin from D-lish under the photo.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren, love the layout for this challenge. I just left you a long msg on Red Earth Scrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good break...& good weather, more importantly!! This is so cute - love the chevron in the bg & that tape [??] with the little red hearts.. MWAH:::::))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice!! You have certainly acheived the required layers on this layout! Love the sketch and your interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous Lauren.
    Yay for clear sunny days, been dreaming about them all winter, almost forgotten what they feel like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lauren. So glad you got some time to play along with this month's challenge - and with new goodies as well! I LOVE what you have done, just awesome. Hope to see more of you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the chevrons and white splashes on the background. And the colors you’ve used are lovely! Thanks for playing along at KIU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that photo! You have done a great job with the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at KIU

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute..love your use of washi..great take on the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you've down with the sketch Lauren...so many interesting little bits and bobs to look at! Thanks for your contribution to KIU this month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the variety of embellishments and the pastel colours....thanks for playing along at KIu

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous take on the sketch Lauren. Thanks for playing!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! I love reading them. :)